Thursday, October 18, 2007

Week 8 : # 19 Discovering Web 2.0 tools

For this discovery exercise I have selected a couple of sites from list of Web 2.0 Awards nominees and I explored it. I found a things which interest me and I was impressed with results. I selected 2 different category :

  • Photos & digital Images / tools : picnik.com/

  • Travel / tools : realtravel.com/

With Picnik you can quickly edit your online photos , remove red-eye , fix underexposed photos or apply effects to photos. Link to this site is :



http://www.picnik.com/


With Realtravel site/travelblog you can get real advice , real experience from real people. You can plan the trip with a free advice and save with travel deals . This site was voted as one of the best of Web for trip planning. Link to this site is :


http://realtravel.com/



I could see those sites use in library webzone (public computers) settings (desktop shortcuts) as a quick and easy way for library patrons to upload their photos or to get free advice for their future travel plans.

No comments: